Sunday, September 14, 2008

Our cruise to Alaska

(by Jeff)

Last week we spent a wonderful and relaxing week in Alaska. Below are short posts and some pictures from each day of our cruise. We took hundreds of pictures during our cruise, but unfortunately we can't put all of them on here. We tried to pick out a few that we liked, but the pictures don't do justice to the beauty and majesty of Alaska.

Our cruise was with Princess cruiselines. We cruised with Princess on our honeymoon to the Caribbean and we had a great experience, so we went with Princess again. This time, we were on the Golden Princess. The boat is huge! It weighs 109,000 tons and carries 2,600 passengers and 1,100 crew members. It was built in 2001 and cost $450 million.

We had a lot of fun visiting the different cities, viewing wildlife, hiking, and seeing glaciers. We also had a lot of fun on the boat. There were lots of activities, great entertainment, and good food--lots and lots of food.

Overall, it was a great week, and we were sad that it had to come to an end.

The Golden Princess

This is another Princess ship that we passed during our cruise, but it looks exactly like the ship that we were on.

Inside the Golden Princess

5 comments:

Mark 'n Mindee West said...

I am so glad you posted pictures of your cruise - I've been wondering about it. Looks so beautiful, I am super jealous! I've been wanting to cruise to Alaska and Mark says he thinks it sounds boring (I know he's an idiot). I will show him these pictures and I'm sure he'll want to go. You are great photographers and I'm gad it was fun.

Bill & Jen said...

How Fun!!!! It looks so pretty! And Jeff, you are a good narrator! Seriously. I've always wanted to go on a cruise, but Bill says he thinks he'll get sea sick and bored...."what's there to do on a cruise" is what he always says....maybe I should have him come read this post! :)

Liz said...

I love all your Alaska pictures and it's actually your blog that moved me to write my plea for cruising stories and advice. It looks heavenly and gorgeous and it sounds like Princess is a pretty popular cruise line! :)

Thanks for sharing your vacation with us. I am definitely going to do a little research and if I have any more questions, I know who to ask!

Coombs Family said...

You guys are so lucky that you got to go before lil' baby is here! Glad you have fun and got home safe!

Mosers said...

That looks like so much fun...congrats on the "bun in the oven" I'm so glad I found your blog...send me an e-mail and I'll send you an invite to ours..
heidibugg@hotmail.com