Sunday, January 3, 2010

Christmas!!!

(by Jeff)

We had a great Christmas this year! It was especially fun to celebrate Clara's first Christmas with her. Although she was scared of Santa and only opened a few of her own presents, she still had a lot of fun (especially with all the boxes and wrapping paper).

On Christmas Eve, my extended family gets together for a party at my parent's house. Santa Claus came, but Clara wasn't too keen on sitting on his lap.


My Aunt Christie has apparently spent the last few months doing nothing but making hats, because she brought a bag full of hats and made sure that each of the girls got one.


After the party, Clara opened up her first present - - new Christmas pajamas.


On Christmas morning, we opened up the presents that Santa had brought us. He knew that I wanted a USU shirt to wear to work.


Aubree must have been a good girl this year, because Santa brought her jewelry.


Santa brought Clara a forward-facing carseat, clothes, and several toys.


Later Christmas morning, all of my immediate family came to my parents' house. We had a big breakfast and opened up presents from each other. Aubree was excited for the pressure cooker we got from my parents. Clara loved the big book of Mother Goose stories and the toy cars from Grandma and Grandpa Gittins.



These are two hats that Aubree made for my sister Wendy and her husband Chase.


We hurried off to Aubree's sister's house in Idaho to celebrate with Aubree's family. We had a big lunch and opened more presents. Clara loved the new dress she got from Grandma and Grandpa Larson. We also played some Apples to Apples--one of our favorite board games. Clara played as well, although her idea of playing was to carry one of the cards all around the house.



3 comments:

Josh and Tori Furlong said...

Looks like you guys had a great Christmas!! Next up Clara's birthday. Glad you were all good and got just what you wanted!!

Nicole Poulsen Christensen said...

She is SO beautiful! Glad you had a great christmas.

Ktbug said...

I just wanted to let you know I'm the only female my mom knows that does not have a hat! She let me borrow that one for the picture then I had to give it back. So if you see her around (perhaps on facebook) harass her a little. It's quite humorous to see my old sweaters being worn as hats but some how I'm getting neglected. LOL
I'm glad you had a good Christmas. That last picture of Clara is adorable.