Wednesday, April 14, 2010

15 Months

(By Aubree)

These updates about Clara's stats and doctor's visits are mostly for me and my records, so I understand if they're not exciting to read. I don't blame you if you decide to skip over these posts.

Clara had her 15-month well check yesterday and here's where she's at:

Height: 33 inches (way above 95%!)
Weight: 22 lbs. 15 oz. (50%)
Her BMI actually went down from last time, which is 14.81, and that puts her in the 5% for BMI.
Head: 19 inches! (95%) The Gittins' big head gene is kicking in!

Everything is going really well with Clara right now. She's actually eating a little bit better than she has been except for her fruits and veggies. My doctor gave me the idea of making smoothies with fruits and hiding carrots, celery, or even spinach(?) in them. I shared a smoothie with Clara from a store the other day and she loved it, so I'll definitely have to try this.

Clara loves to be read to (same books over and over and over...), being outside and going for walks, playing with other kids, performing, and singing (or at least doing the actions to songs). We go to a music class for babies and she's learned so much and loves it . . . and so do I. She has said a lot of different words, but she will stop using some of them after a couple of weeks. My doctor said this is not uncommon at her age. One of my favorite things she says right now is "Whedo" which is "Where did it go?" She's just learning so much so fast!

Tonight we went on a picnic at the park and played on the playground. It was the first time she had ever gone down a slide all by herself and she had SO much fun!





This is how sad she was when we had to leave. :(

1 comment:

April and JJ said...

So cute! It's a good idea to write all this stuff down! Looks like she was pretty brave to go down the slide.