Saturday, June 6, 2009

Five Months Old

(by Aubree)

If anybody knows how to freeze time so that my little Clara will stay this age forever, please tell me how. This has been the best month so far, but I think I'm going to have my hands full with her the next few months.

Clara has started to giggle a lot more. She isn't very ticklish, so I have to get creative to get her to giggle, like make annoying sounds over and over, but I think her giggle is the best sound in the entire world, and it makes me so happy. She also rolled over for the first time on Thursday (June 4th), and today, that's all she wants to do. She thinks she's pretty cool now.

Rolling from her back...

to her belly. She hasn't figured out belly to back, but sometimes when she has rolled to her front and she still has her arm under her she is able to push herself back over to her back.

Last month she loved playing with her tongue, and now it's her toes. This is also how she starts the rolling process. She grabs onto her toes and rolls herself to her side, and then she is able to push herself over.

Clara is also starting to hold herself in a sitting position. If you put her in that position, she will put her hands in front of her to hold herself up and she does pretty good.

She really enjoys her thumb which is really helpful in putting herself to sleep.

She loves the ladybug toy that her cousin Kelsey let her borrow.

Jeff's sister, Ginger and her family stopped by yesterday, and I met their new addition, Hannah for the first time.
(Left to right-Ginger holding Hannah, Katelyn, Jared holding Clara)


The other day we took a walk and she fell asleep in her stroller. She woke up when I got her out, but then I put her in her high chair to feed her and she fell right back to sleep!

Clara likes to get right up in your face and stare you down, so Jeff did it back, it was really funny. I just wish the rag wasn't in the picture.

The rest are just cute and funny pictures that I like. Enjoy!



5 comments:

Lyndzi said...

That's so cute she fell asleep in the high chair. I love the pic of her and Jeff. Their eyes are so big. That's so funny.

Bates Family said...

Cute, cute, cute!!! I love the picture of her looking at Jeff! I laughed really hard lol. She's getting so big and it's so fun to watch them go through all the little stages.

Coombs Family said...

If you do figure out how to freeze time, please let me know that secret! You're so lucky to have such a sweet and cute little baby! I just want to snuggle her!

bethy said...

Look at those big, blue eyes! The first year always goes by too quickly. I love the pics, she is a sweetie.

dustjen said...

Aubree and Jeff- SHE IS SO CUTE!!! What a fun age!